BioAmyl (Amylase Enzyme)
There are two main categories of amylase which are used widely for industrial purpose- Alpha (α) amylase, Beta ( β) amylase.
Amylases are used in alcohol, food, fermentation, detergent, textile, paper and pharma industries. It is widely used in alcohol production in the liquefaction process to convert starch into glucose & fructose concentrate. While, 90% of enzymatic detergents contain amylase enzymes as it helps in removing food stains.
Some of the industrial applications of Amylases are:
- Liquefaction: In the liquefaction process, highly viscous starch (from corn, grains, etc) is treated with thermostable amylase enzyme which converts starch into soluble sugars, mainly into dextrins, maltose, fructose etc.
- Textile Desizing: In the textile industry, fabrics (mainly cotton) are treated with starch, carboxymethyl cellulose, vegetable oils, etc. for quality improvement and increasing the strength of the fabric but these agents make it unsuitable for dyeing. So, amylases and other enzymes are used to remove these agents without compromising the quality of the fabric, this process is called desizing.
- Bakery: Amylases are also called dough improvers. Some of the benefits of using amylases in bakery products are:
# Enhances the flavor and appearance of the dough
# Rise in dough is more than usual because of more gas created by yeast
# Extends the shelf life of the product
- Detergent: Amylase enzymes are also used in detergents to remove the starchy stains on the clothes and other surfaces and they have proved very effective in it without impacting the quality and color of the fabric.
- Concentrated Fructose Syrup: Amylases are widely used for the production of concentrated fructose syrup from starch of the corn and other substrates. Concentrated fructose syrup has extensive use in the food industry, it is used in the manufacturing of soft drinks, deserts, ice cream, and other artificial sweetened products.
- Ethanol production
- Chocolate syrup for chocolate making
- Desizing in paper industry
- Animal feed additives
More products from Bioven Ingredients
Transglutaminase enzyme catalyses the bond formation between free amino acids causing inter- or intra-molecular cross linking in proteins which enhances the color, texture and solidness of the substrate/product. They are of huge significance in food industry and most widely used on soy, casein, gluten, etc. q...More info
Amylase enzyme are a class of enzymes which catalyses the hydrolysis of starch and convert it into simple and soluble sugar molecules, mainly maltose (maltose is made of two glucose molecules). There are around 19 microbial enzymes which are classified as amylase.
There are ...
Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Baker's yeast/Brewing yeast)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the most widely used microbial strain all over the world since many centuries, knowingly or unknowingly. This strain has its applications in various industries like brewery, fermentation, bakery, feed, bio-remediation and many others. It is commonly known as Baker’s yeast or Brewer...More info
Also known as peptidase, protease enzyme is a multifunctional enzyme with wide array of use in many industries and home chores also. It is a part of the hydrolase enzyme family which breaks down the proteins. Protease breaks the peptide bond present in the proteins and converts the protein into smaller polype...More info
Cellulose is the most abundant natural polymer on earth and cellulase catalyses the hydrolysis of this cellulose. Cellulase converts insoluble cellulose into soluble sugars. Cellulase is extensively used in textile, paper & pulp, detergent, food and leather industry.
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme like papain with significance in medical ailment. It is extracted from the pineapple juice from its fruits,leaves and stems. Main industries where bromelain enzyme is used are - pharmaceutical, tenderization, food, detergent, cosmetics and textile. In cosmetics, bromelai...More info
Are you a supplier?
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation