Biocatalysts Ltd Launch New Product for Casein Hydrolysis19 May 2021
Enzyme specialists, Biocatalysts Ltd, announce the launch of their new enzyme Promod™ 517MDP (P517MDP) extending their range of Kosher and Halal certified enzymes specifically targeting the dairy protein market.
P517MDP is a highly efficient exopeptidase that achieves >40% degree of hydrolysis in casein protein. Hydrolysing casein with P517MDP breaks it down into its smaller component parts: peptides and amino acids which increases its solubility and improves its digestibility making the casein protein hydrolysate a more versatile ingredient that can be used in the production of foods for special medical purposes (FSMP*) including specialist infant and follow-on formulas.
like whey, is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids
required to support the healthy growth of human beings. The slower rate at
which its amino acids are absorbed means that it can satiate hunger over a
longer period and also reduce the effects of sarcopenia, natural muscle
wastage, in elderly individuals. Casein’s amino acid composition makes it
important for maintaining muscle strength, bolstering the immune system and
promoting a healthy weight and metabolism.
Daren Bryce, Commercial Director was asked about Biocatalysts Ltd commitment to extending their range of enzymes “Biocatalysts Ltd are dedicated to providing a range of microbial alternative enzymes across the food sectors and developing specific enzymes that help our customers increase the value and functionality of their products. In this instance we are proud to help our customers more easily access casein hydrolysates.”
For further information or to arrange a sample of P517MDP, please contact Biocatalysts on [email protected] or alternatively view the website: www.biocatalysts.com.
* FSMPs are designed to feed patients who, because of a particular disease, disorder, or medical condition, have nutritional needs that cannot be met by consuming standard foodstuffs. Specifically, according to EU legislation they are intended for patients with a limited, impaired or disturbed capacity to take, digest, absorb, metabolise or excrete ordinary foods, or certain nutrients or metabolites; or with other medically nutrient requirements whose dietary management cannot be achieved by modification of the normal diet alone.(definition taken from EFSA website)
Are you a supplier?
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation