Calcium chloride (CaCl₂ food)
Nedmag’s calcium chloride CaCl₂ food is regarded as one of the most versatile chemicals, as its unique chemical and physical properties enable it to be used for a wide range of applications.
CaCl₂ food is mainly used in cheese production as a source for calcium; and in beer bottling where it serves to regulate the hardness of water.
CaCl₂ food is also used for canned food, to increase the firmness of the fruits and vegetables.
CaCl₂ food liquid is available in concentrations of 34% and 36%. CaCl₂ food prills are tiny pellets of 96% calcium chloride that contain less than 0.5% water. CaCl₂ prills food is available in 25 kg bags .
CaCl₂ food liquid and prills meet or exceed the specific requirements for the food industry.
- EU Food Additive Regulation 231/2012 (E509)
- Food Chemical Codex most recent edition
- 19 JECFA (1975) and 63 JECFA (2004) (Nedmag's calcium chloride passes the Chloride and Calcium test)
|Categories||Algae; Firming Agents; Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Sales markets||Western Europe; Eastern Europe; Middle East; Asia; North America; Africa; Central/South America|
|End-Use Categories||Brewing; Dairy; Frozen food; Fruit & vegetable; Pet Food / Animal Nutrition|
|Certifications||GMO-Free; Health & Safety (GMP, HAACP and equivalents); Kosher; Quality assurance|
Are you a supplier
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation