Connecting the Dots: Smart Partnerships for systemic transformation of food Ingredient supply chains and marketing19 Jul 2021
Technology can be a great contributor for improving efficiency and transparency in skewed supply chains. Platforms like Amazon, Alibaba have revolutionized the B2C industry and Nike sells more through Amazon than through physical stores these days.
Technology has created an entirely new ‘platform’ economy in which far more is possible than ever before. 1-2-Taste and its partners (Solidaridad & Profound) want to build a sustainable food supply chain for natural and sustainable ingredients using the 1-2-Taste platform.
Our definition of sustainable consists of the following 4 pillars
• Sustainable sourcing and quality control (GACP, GMP); traceability & transparency
• Value addition and fair sharing of benefits; Inclusivity
• Health & safety; food safety
• Climate & biodiversity: circular, regenerative, and ecological footprint related to soil, water, CO2, pollution.
How do we envision changing the game?
• We believe it starts with understanding two things:
o the flaws in the traditional supply chain that hinder transformative change
o market needs/trends and translate these to ingredients (product insights)
• We believe a large network of sustainable ingredient suppliers and sustainable farmers has to be developed and connected to drive food system transformation needs
• We believe that transparent use of technology can safeguard fair practice, safe food manufacturing and create cost-effective routes to market
• We believe that long standing experience and global presence is required to manage the complexity
• We believe that all the above is required and coming together on the 1-2-Taste Platform
Are you a supplier?
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation