Proteases are a very diverse type of enzyme found in nearly all living organisms, their form can be found in plants, animals, bacteria, viruses, etc. Based on their catalytic activity, they are classified in 7 types: serine protease, cysteine protease, threonine protease, aspartic protease, glutamic protease, metalloproteases, and asparagine peptide lyases.
Proteases are the key ingredients of all kinds of detergent available in the market. Apart from that, proteases are widely used in pharmaceutical, waste treatment, food & beverage, leather & wool industry, etc.
Some of the industrial usage of proteases are:
Detergent Industry: Proteins are one of the essential ingredients of the detergent making process, then whether the detergent is used for laundry or any other purpose. Of all over the world, 25% of protease enzymes are used in the detergent industry. They are used for:
- They remove the proteinaceous stains from the food like-milk, egg, meat, fish, and our own body.
- They removes blood stains.
- Help In retaining the good fabric quality.
- It provides the elastolytic and keratinolytic activity.
- Used in dehairing process instead of chemicals.
- Using proteases produces quality leather
- Biopolishing and desizing of wool.
- Biopolishing and desizing of fabrics.
- Degumming of silk.
- Improves meat quality and helps in meat tenderization.
- Increases digestibility and nutritional value.
- Increases the protein yield in the food.
- Preparation of gluten free or week gluten flour dough for bakery products.
- Cheese production and other dairy products.
- Used for the fermentation of raw materials.
- Used to remove cloudiness/haziness.
- Improves the stability.
- Regulates blood coagulation and thus blood pressure.
- Used in preparation of slow-dosage form drugs.
- Used as diagnostic agent for some disorders.
- Preparation of immobilized bandages for burns and wounds
- Waste treatment
- Preparation of organic compost
- Used for the degradation of poultry waste especially feathers
- Recovering silver for photographic films for recycle
More products from Bioven Ingredients
Transglutaminase enzyme catalyses the bond formation between free amino acids causing inter- or intra-molecular cross linking in proteins which enhances the color, texture and solidness of the substrate/product. They are of huge significance in food industry and most widely used on soy, casein, gluten, etc. q...More info
Amylase enzyme are a class of enzymes which catalyses the hydrolysis of starch and convert it into simple and soluble sugar molecules, mainly maltose (maltose is made of two glucose molecules). There are around 19 microbial enzymes which are classified as amylase.
There are ...
Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Baker's yeast/Brewing yeast)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the most widely used microbial strain all over the world since many centuries, knowingly or unknowingly. This strain has its applications in various industries like brewery, fermentation, bakery, feed, bio-remediation and many others. It is commonly known as Baker’s yeast or Brewer...More info
Cellulose is the most abundant natural polymer on earth and cellulase catalyses the hydrolysis of this cellulose. Cellulase converts insoluble cellulose into soluble sugars. Cellulase is extensively used in textile, paper & pulp, detergent, food and leather industry.
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme like papain with significance in medical ailment. It is extracted from the pineapple juice from its fruits,leaves and stems. Main industries where bromelain enzyme is used are - pharmaceutical, tenderization, food, detergent, cosmetics and textile. In cosmetics, bromelai...More info
Papain is a type of protease enzyme which breaks the peptide bonds of large proteins and converts them into smaller chains of peptides or amino acids. Papain is used mainly in the food industry as a tenderizer for the meat. It is also used in cosmetics and the toothpaste industry.
Papain is a cysteine prot...
Are you a supplier?
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation