Loders Croklaan, Kerry to form lipid JV6 Apr 2015
IOI Loders Croklaan and Kerry Group have reached an agreement to form a joint venture company to develop and market the nutrition lipid Betapol business, and expect to conclude agreements over the coming weeks subject to competition approval. The equal share partnership is centred around Betapol, a specialty lipid for infant nutrition. The new partnership will be […]
IOI Loders Croklaan and Kerry Group have reached an agreement to form a joint venture company to develop and market the nutrition lipid Betapol business, and expect to conclude agreements over the coming weeks subject to competition approval. The equal share partnership is centred around Betapol, a specialty lipid for infant nutrition. The new partnership will be able to reach global markets more effectively, the companies said, and will stimulate joint developments to extend the Betapol portfolio for infant nutrition, and expand into other key nutrition market segments.
Both partners will bring specific advantages and expertise to the joint venture:
- IOI Loders Croklaan – the creator of Betapol, and first to introduce OPO-type fats to the market – holds over 25 years of experience in the supply of specialty lipids to the infant nutrition market, and will continue to manufacture the Betapol product range for the joint venture. Primary production is at its enzymatic facility in Pasir Gudang, Malaysia with additional blending capability in Wormerveer, The Netherlands. IOI Loders Croklaan will continue to manage all product logistics, and will further build upon its commitment to create a traceable and sustainable supply chain.
- Kerry has over 30 years’ experience as a trusted partner to the nutrition market, with dedicated commercial and nutritional science teams delivering a broad portfolio of scientifically based nutritional products for all consumer life stages. Kerry’s €100 million investment in a new Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Ireland will provide a focal point for advancing scientific nutrition research, processing technologies and technology platforms. Within the partnership, Kerry will co-develop and market Betapol, fulfilling consumer needs and expanding into new markets
The newly formed joint venture will be responsible for business development and innovation. Betapol will be integrated into Kerry’s global nutritional ingredients portfolio, backed by global applications, marketing and sales support.
“There are many complementary areas and synergies between our two companies,” said Julian Veitch, CEO of IOI Loders Croklaan. “We are delighted to partner with Kerry on this joint venture initiative. Kerry is renowned for its extensive nutritional and global market capabilities, putting its customers at the centre, and offering world-class infant nutrition innovation and solutions that are founded in science.”
“IOI Loders Croklaan has a vertically integrated supply chain and is the world’s most experienced and trusted producer of OPO-type fats,” said Michael O’Neill, President of Kerry’s Nutrition Division. “Working together in this strategic partnership will deliver the same high quality ingredients with additional future product enhancement and global support.”
Are you a supplier
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation