Mondelēz gets Shopper Futures rolling4 Sep 2015
Mondelēz International has announced the eight start-ups selected to participate in the company’s Shopper Futures program. Shopper Futures is designed to bring together leading retailers, ambitious entrepreneurs, and its own Power Brands to help transform the consumer retail experience. The company says it received hundreds of applications from start-ups across the U.S. and Canada. After […]
Mondelēz International has announced the eight start-ups selected to participate in the company’s Shopper Futures program. Shopper Futures is designed to bring together leading retailers, ambitious entrepreneurs, and its own Power Brands to help transform the consumer retail experience.
The company says it received hundreds of applications from start-ups across the U.S. and Canada. After a rigorous evaluation process, 18 start-ups were invited to a Pitch Day to present and meet with participating retailers and brand intrapreneurs. The eight selected start-ups will now work with major retailers in collaboration with Mondelēz International brands to bring in-market pilots to life over the next 90 days. Those collaborations are:
- Sampler collaborating with Albertsons & RITZ brand, U.S.
- Shelfbucks collaborating with Meijer & OREO brand, U.S.
- Shelfbucks collaborating with Wakefern & HALLS brand, U.S.
- Freckle IoT collaborating with 7-Eleven & OREO/belVita brands, U.S.
- Strap collaborating with Kum & Go & TRIDENT brand, U.S.
- Turnstyle Solutions collaborating with QuickChek & SWEDISH FISH brand, U.S.
- Turnstyle Solutions collaborating with Mac’s Convenience Stores (Ontario Division) & CADBURY brand, Canada
- Aislelabs collaborating with Metro & TRISCUIT brand, Canada
- Earshot collaborating with 7-Eleven Canada & DENTYNE brand, Canada
- Aisle411 collaborating with HALLS brand, Canada
“We’re thrilled to be working with some of the most ambitious entrepreneurs and retailers across North America, to help shape the future of retail both in-store and online,” said Kim Yansen, Director of Field Shopper Marketing. “The calibre of participating start-ups is truly incredible. Through our 90-day collaboration process, we’re looking forward to putting real solutions in market to solve pressing retail challenges and help unlock growth for our retailers and categories.”
Shopper Futures is the fourth global iteration in the Futures series, building on what the company says is the success of Mobile Futures, a Mondelēz International initiative launched in 2012 that paired its brands with select start-ups to accelerate existing mobile innovations and incubate new ventures.
Kicked off by several days of “Immersions” at each start-up’s headquarters, the teams will work together to build programs to pilot within 90 days. By harnessing each start-up’s entrepreneurial spirit, the retailers’ commitment to testing innovative ideas, and Mondelēz International’s brand and shopper marketing expertise, the company says that the goal of Shopper Futures is to develop scalable shopper learnings and solutions by the end of 2015 – all while continuing to infuse a spirit of intrapreneurship internally at Mondelēz International.
“The traditional consumer path to purchase has been completely disrupted by technology,” said Kristi Karens, Director of Media and Consumer Engagement, Canada. “Through Shopper Futures, we’re looking to scale ideas quickly and to turn the store environment into a media opportunity where we can engage with active audiences.”
Following the launch of each pilot, Mondelēz International will study both the tactical and cultural success metrics from each pilot, and identify potential collaborations for scale.
Are you a supplier
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation