Campden BRI opens new lab

7 Jul 2015

A new food analysis lab at food and drink organisation Campden BRI has been named the Halls’ Laboratory in honour of a Gloucestershire family who have been involved with the company since its establishment in 1919. The new laboratory was officially opened by Professor Martin Hall, Director of Science, who celebrated 40 years of service […]

Campden BRI opens new lab

now-open-red-stamp-text-white-43287112A new food analysis lab at food and drink organisation Campden BRI has been named the Halls’ Laboratory in honour of a Gloucestershire family who have been involved with the company since its establishment in 1919.

The new laboratory was officially opened by Professor Martin Hall, Director of Science, who celebrated 40 years of service with the company on the 1st July. The lab contains instruments worth over £2.5 million, which will be used for the analysis of contaminants, food authenticity testing and flavour analysis.

Hall’s grandfather was the first to join the research company in 1919 and worked as an experimental gardener managing crop trials. His father, Les Hall, joined the organisation in 1944 as a laboratory technician and retired as Head of Microbiology in 1987. Martin’s Uncle A W (‘Son’) Hall also worked at the organisation from 1932 until 1968. The Halls have had a member of their family working continuously at the company since 1919 and together the family has given 148 years’ service to the company.