Divi’s innovative carotenoid solutions for coloration and fortification6 Nov 2023
Divi’s offers a wide range of synthetic and natural carotenoids in a variety of high-quality forms to best meet the requirements of every application, whether for use in fortification or coloration.
Colour is often the first thing we notice about a food or drink, and it influences the way we perceive its taste and flavour. This is why colours are added to many products to improve their appearance and make them more attractive. Nowadays, however, consumers are taking a close interest in the composition of the food and drink products they buy. Carotenoids are good alternatives to artificial dyes and support the transition to clean labels.
Divi’s extensive carotenoid portfolio
Divi’s offers a range of synthetic and natural carotenoids providing light yellow to dark red colours. These carotenoids are available in over 60 high quality forms that can be used in a variety of liquid and dry applications, whether for fortification or coloration. To help our customers meet consumer demand for additive-free foods and beverages, we also offer spray-dried carotenoid powders manufactured using a process where no silicon dioxide is added.
Expert product formulations for every application
At FiE, Divi's is breaking new ground with beta-carotene that give applications a beautiful red colour. Divi's is thus adding yet another product to an inventory of high-quality beta-carotene forms that is among the most extensive on the market. Our beta-carotene spray-dried powders, beadlets, solutions, suspensions and emulsions meet the requirements of every application, from supplements to beverages, dairy, gummies, cereal products, margarine and ice cream, among others. Divi’s beta-carotene offers superior performance in many dry and liquid applications, including excellent uniformity, superior stability, pH suitability from 3 to 7 and reproducible colour shade.
Innovative solutions for technical challenges
As expert in chemical synthesis and microencapsulation, Divis’ also offers carotenoid forms developed for specific applications, such as CaroClear, CaroQuik and MiniBeads.
- CaroClear is a spray-dried powder used to colour transparent beverages, like flavoured waters and soft drinks, as well as energy and sports drinks. The result is a bright, transparent colour that makes beverages very appealing to consumers.
- Divi’s unique CaroQuik beadlets are designed to enhance rapid, cold-water dispersion of fortified powder beverages. They provide coloration and fortification features for increasingly popular stick packs, dispersion caps and powder cans.
- For application in fine powders such as premixes, where uniformity is a key performance parameter, we offer MiniBeads which are about 30% finer than our regular beadlets, thanks to an exclusive micro-encapsulation process.
Divi’s Nutraceuticals also offers a large choice of natural beta-carotene formulations for the fortification and coloration of liquid and dry applications. Divi’s natural beta-carotene exists in two options:
- Our natural beta-carotene is produced by fermentation of Blakeslea trispora and is available in a variety of forms that show superior performance in many applications, including excellent uniformity, superior stability during processes such as pasteurisation and baking, good dispersibility in beverages and desirable appearance of final products. Due to standardisation of the natural beta-carotene content, it provides a consistent natural dark yellow to orange coloration to applications.
- CaroNat is a naturally sourced food ingredient produced from carrot juice concentrate. It inherently contains beta-carotene and is used for dark yellow to orange coloration of a variety of foods and beverages. Our innovative production process allows the stabilisation of this natural ingredient in a powder form for easy handling and excellent stability in applications. CaroNat is made of plant-sourced ingredients only and allows claims such as no artificial colour/ingredient, vegetarian or vegan, helping food marketers in their transition to clean labels.
At Divi’s Nutraceuticals, we listen to our customers and understand their needs. We offer versatile and personalised solutions to help them achieve their objectives in terms of innovation and product development. In addition to our extensive beta-carotene portfolio, we can adapt our product formulations and solution concentrations to fit the individual needs of our customers.
Divi’s Nutraceuticals: a reliable supplier
We are committed to providing the highest quality carotenoid and vitamin solutions for health and nutrition. Our fully validated and backward integrated manufacturing process – from the molecule to the ingredient formulation – makes us a quality, flexible and reliable supplier and partner, backed up by global sales and warehouse facilities selected for highest operating standards and convenient, rapid delivery.
Divi’s technical and application experts will support you at each stage of your project, from the idea to the realisation. Contact Divi’s today to talk about your requirements.
Roquette at Fi Europe: Empowering people and planet via plant-based innovation [Interview]
26 Jan 2024
Presenting its latest F&B solutions under the banner of ‘Empowering healthier and more sustainable food choices’, Roquette’s appearance at the most recent edition of Fi Europe coincided with the innovative company’s 90th anniversary.Read more
Emsland at Fi Europe 2023: Leading the field in sustainability and future-proofed food [Interview]
26 Jan 2024
Germany-headquartered Emsland is a vegetable protein and fibre pioneer responding in earnest to the food sector’s sustainability challenge, while supporting its customers to develop plant-based, clean label and nutritionally enhanced products through “...Read more
Stand out from the shelf and put Health First with Prebiotic Chicory Root Fibres
22 Jan 2024
If you are looking to differentiate from all other products on the market, then innovating with proven prebiotics should be your next New Product Development. When it comes to food and drink choices, consumers often take into consideration a manif...Read more
SYNBALANCE ANNOUNCES ITS FIRST CAPSULE COLLECTION FOR INCLUSING HEALTH
20 Dec 2023
SynBalance, the biotics-oriented company, focused on delivering highly scientifically evidenced probiotic solutions, is proud to present THE ART OF WELL-BEING capsule collection.
Bioriginal expands the business in The Netherlands and Japan
13 Dec 2023
Bioriginal Food & Science Corp has completed two significant acquisitions that will expand the company’s global footprint in the EU and Asia.Read more
Bioriginal expands in Germany acquiring plant-based oil products company
13 Dec 2023
Bioriginal has expanded into Germany with the acquisition of Pflanzenölmühle Kroppenstedt GmbH operating as Kroppenstedter Ölmühle, a century-old, family-owned mill that specializes in the pressing of plant-based oil products from c...Read more
Bioriginal Acquires Softgel Co. To Expand Nutrition Products
13 Dec 2023
Bioriginal has expanded further into the United States with the acquisition of all the operating assets of Softgel Co. ("Softgel"), including a state-of-the-art softgel, squeeze tube and tincture manufacturing facility that specializes in enc...Read more
ACT Expands Global Presence: New Sales Office in Spain in Febuary 2024
13 Dec 2023
ACT proudly announces the inauguration of a new sales office in Spain as of 1st of February 2024. This strategic expansion marks a significant milestone in the company's global growth initiative, aiming to strengthen its foothold in the European ma...Read more
Bunge’s Beleaf™ PlantBetter: Elevating Plant-Based Alternatives to Match Dairy Butter - A breakthrough for taste, texture, and versatility on par with dairy butter
12 Dec 2023
Zaandam, The Netherlands, 20 November 2023 – Bunge, a global leader in food and agribusiness, introduces Beleaf™ PlantBetter, a ground-breaking plant-based alternative crafted to satisfy the growing demand for superior-tasting and environme...Read more
ofi's Carbon Scenario Planner wins prestigious Food Ingredients Europe Award
12 Dec 2023
ofi’s Carbon Scenario Planner (CSP), a new digital tool developed to help food and beverage manufacturers model the impact of different scenarios for reducing greenhouse gas emissions has won the 2023 Sustainability Innovation Award at Food Ingre...Read more