BioCell Technology announces BioCell Collagen® Skin Aging Clinical Trial results24 Jul 2019
BioCell Technology, LLC, a branded dietary ingredient supplier, has presented results of the clinical trial: "The Effects of Skin Aging Associated with the Use of BioCell Collagen® in Healthy Adult Females". This was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
Dietary supplementation with BioCell Collagen® significantly reduced facial lines and wrinkles, crow’s feet lines/wrinkles, increased skin elasticity and cutaneous collagen content, and decreased skin dryness compared to placebo.
The intervention consisted of twice daily 500mg oral
administration of BioCell Collagen®, a novel hydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage extract dietary
ingredient composed of a naturally-occurring matrix of collagen type-II peptides (≥300 mg),
chondroitin sulfate (≥100 mg), and hyaluronic acid (≥50 mg).
For the 113 participants completing the study, BioCell Collagen® supplementation compared to a placebo resulted in:
• Significantly reduced facial lines and wrinkles (P = .019) and crow’s feet lines and wrinkles (P = .05)
• Increased skin elasticity (P = .008) and cutaneous collagen content (P < .001) by 12%
• Improved indicators associated with a more youthful skin appearance based on visual grading and wrinkle width (P = .046)
• Decreased skin dryness and erythema.
• No difference existed between the supplement and the placebo for skin surface water content or retention.
The supplement was well tolerated, with no reported adverse reactions.
The latest study validates an earlier pilot study that demonstrated similar results- Schwartz SR, Park J. Ingestion of BioCell Collagen®, a novel hydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage extract; enhanced blood microcirculation and reduced facial aging signs.
Are you a supplier?
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation