BioGaia sees sales grow 22%16 Feb 2015
Probiotics company BioGaia has announced its full-year financial results. “A sales growth of 22% (including licence revenue from Nestlé 53 %) and an operating margin of 26% for the full year 2014, can only be summed up as a successful year,” said Peter Rothschild, CEO of BioGaia. “The fourth quarter showed even better growth than […]
“A sales growth of 22% (including licence revenue from Nestlé 53 %) and an operating margin of 26% for the full year 2014, can only be summed up as a successful year,” said Peter Rothschild, CEO of BioGaia. “The fourth quarter showed even better growth than the full year and it is once again gratifying to see that almost all of our markets are growing at a solid pace and that the BioGaia brand is becoming increasingly established, particularly among paediatricians, as the safest and most effective probiotic on the market.”
Full year 2014
(Figures in brackets refer to the same period of last year)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 481.8 million (315.9), an increase of SEK 165.9 million (53 %). Net sales include license revenue of SEK 95.4 million from Nestlé. Excluding license revenue from Nestlé, net sales totalled SEK 386.4 million, an increase of 22% (excluding foreign exchange effects, 18%).
- Net sales in the Paediatrics Business Unit reached SEK 313.7¹ million (238.6), up by SEK 75.1 million (31%).
- Net sales in the Adult Health Business Unit amounted to SEK 69.4 million (75.6), a decrease of SEK 6.2 million (-8%).
- Operating profit was SEK 196.9 million (81.7), an increase of SEK 115.2 million (141%). Excluding license revenue from Nestlé, operating profit was SEK 101.5 million, an increase of 24% (excluding foreign exchange effects and operating expenses for the subsidiary IBT, 21%).
- Profit after tax was SEK 148.0 million (64.2), up by SEK 83.8 million (130%). Excluding license revenue from Nestlé, profit after tax was SEK 73.6 million, an increase of 15%.
Fourth quarter 2014
- Net sales reached SEK 121.4 million (90.2), an increase of SEK 31.2 million (35%) (excluding foreign exchange effects, 28%).
- Net sales in the Paediatrics Business Unit totalled SEK 97.8 million (65.6), an improvement of SEK 32.2 million (49%).
- Net sales in the Adult Health Business Unit amounted to SEK 23.0 million (24.1), a decrease of SEK 1.1 million (-4%).
- Operating profit was SEK 30.6 million (23.8), an increase of SEK 6.8 million (29 %) (excluding foreign exchange effects and operating expenses for the subsidiary IBT, 23%).
- Profit after tax was SEK 19.1 million (16.3), an improvement of SEK 2.8 million (17%).
Mintel highlights innovative, surprising new products in 2018
15 Aug 2018
Food and drink innovation in 2018 continues to be influenced by flavour extremes and the impact of social media in spreading visually stimulating and fun concepts, notes Chris Brockman, EMEA Research Manager at Mintel.Read more
Glanbia announces performance nutrition ingredients
25 May 2018
Glanbia Nutritionals has announced what it describes as two new pioneering and innovative performance nutrition ingredients for formulation in functional beverages in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.Read more
Ecotrophelia UK shortlist announced
24 May 2018
The growing trend for plant-based diets has inspired the teams that have entered this year’s student food innovation competition – Ecotrophelia UK. All five of the shortlisted products are meat-free and four are also vegan.Read more
Healthcare continuum drives Lonza growth
10 May 2018
Lonza has reported what it describes as a positive start to 2018 with businesses along the healthcare continuum as growth drivers.Read more
Arla enters breakfast food-to-go market
9 May 2018
Arla Foods is set to launch into the breakfast food-to-go market with the introduction of its new Milk & Oats range of ready to drink beverages.Read more
Eurofins to acquire Covance Food Solutions
7 May 2018
Global life sciences company LabCorp has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement under which Eurofins Scientific will acquire the Covance Food Solutions business from LabCorp for $670 million.Read more
Engaging with the Instagram generation
3 May 2018
Colourful, exotic and unusual foods are on the rise as a growing number of consumers look for food experiences they can share on social media.Read more
New shake makes children taller
1 May 2018
Nutritional Growth Solutions is introducing Healthy Height, a kids’ protein shake the company says is clinically shown to improve children’s height, to the European market.Read more
Mintel: Europe leads on private label launches
27 Apr 2018
Europe accounted for over half (57%) of all private label launches with premium claims globally in 2017, according to new research from Mintel Global New Products Database (GNPD).Read more
Ohly launches maple syrup powder
1 Aug 2016
Ohly has launched a new Maple Syrup Specialty Powder. The latest addition to the ProDry range is said to deliver authentic maple syrup flavour and sweetness in a free flowing powder form.Read more
Are you a supplier
Here's what we can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation